Top Ten Questions to ask your Celebrant or Officiant
Here are the Top 10 Questions that Mary Coburn suggests that you ask your Officiant or Celebrant.
1. How are you authorized to perform weddings? Are you a Justice of the Peace? A minister? And if a minister, what kind of minister? And whom do you serve? Secular couples? Non-denominational? Religious? Same sex? Spiritual-oriented? Interfaith or intercultural couples?
2. Do you have any professional training in creating and delivering ceremonies?
3. We come from different faith traditions (or different cultural traditions) and would like both traditions honored. Is this something you can do?
4. Do you use a template ceremony or do you tailor the ceremony to fit each couple?
5. How much input will we have in the creation of our ceremony? Will you help us with our vows?
6. Do you attend and/or lead our rehearsal?
7. Will you guide us in the marriage license process and file the license in a timely manner?
8. Can you provide testimonials from couples with whom you have worked? Are there videos we can view of one of your ceremonies?
9. How far in advance do we need to book you? And can we meet with you before we book you?
10. How much of a deposit do you require to book you for our wedding?
Want the answers? Then visit Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant & Officiant's website here
Member of The Association of Professional Entertainers