5 Tips for Showcasing Your Wedding Ring in Your Album
5 Tips for Showcasing Your Wedding Ring in Your AlbumIt can be a challenge capturing your wedding ring photos at the right angle and lighting. Lighting is one of the biggest issues when it comes to photographing jewelry. Here are some tips for taking wedding pictures that show off your diamond wedding ring:
- Use a well-lit area. You want to start by making sure that the area you choose for taking the photos is well lit. Try to use more than one light source if possible. Use as much natural lighting as possible. Make sure that it's diffused, as opposed to shining directly onto the wedding ring. Don't use a lamp shining directly over the ring. Prop-up your ring at an angel to make it appear larger and set the camera's focus directly onto the center stone.
- Focus as closely as possible. Zoom the focus in on the ring as closely as possible. You'll see that the diamond looks very clear, yet the area around it is blurry. Don't worry. That's normal. This helps to define the complex beauty of your diamond ring. Using a tripod is the best way to take a good focused image that's not blurry.
- Use interesting and beautiful props. The use of other objects in the background, such as a ring box or flowers, can help to enhance the beauty of your ring. Don't place the prop you're using too far behind the ring. The camera can get the focus confused, trying to focus on the object behind the ring, making the ring itself appear distorted. Carefully select the background you want to use. Avoid the use of patterned items. These can hide the simple beauty of your diamond ring. Black is a good background color, as it allows the ring standout. Be creative with your background, but be simple.
- Clean your ring to a perfect sparkle. Make sure your wedding ring is clean and shiny before your big day arrives. The tiniest amount of dirt will show up in your pictures. This will ruin those perfect photos of your wedding ring that you're hoping to capture.
- Use Social Media Networking. There are social media sites that are specifically designed for sharing photos with your network members. Two of the most popular image-oriented social networks are Pinterest and Instagram. Both allow you to create specific categories or boards for showcasing all of your wedding pictures, including those of your beautiful wedding ring.
Member of The Association of Professional Entertainers