You Get What You Pay For!
It's that time of the year, when Bridal Show season is HERE.....
The consensus seems to be that many Brides and Grooms are realizing that the "right" entertainment WILL make the difference for this once in a lifetime event.
Still others (too many) it seems, have decided to take the risk and use "a friend of a friend" or the "cheapest" or worst, the "discount dj" with the "special offer" at the Bridal Show.
So, if you've been out shopping for a DJ, with the assumption that every DJ is pretty much alike, and you find someone that is 1/2 the price of other area DJs.... this article is for you....
Here is what you might expect from your "bargain" entertainment:
1) They will probably not return your calls when you're frantically trying to reach them 2 weeks before your wedding.
2) Your first dance? That will be the one song they were meaning to get, but they didn't get around to it. Would you like to dance to something else?
3) They have a website - but it's been under construction for months and when it comes online, there really isn't much more than a photo and a couple sentences worth of content.
4) They will hide their cheap poor quality gear behind a large self-promoting sign at your wedding.
5) Their computer will lockup during your dance with your father. No backup - so please wait 5 minutes while it reboots.
6) They don't actually own any music! It's all streamed from the internet... but your facility doesn't have a fast enough broadband connection.
7) Wireless microphone? Yeah, it works, but you have to be standing right next to the DJ. All you hear is crackling when you try and use it at the head table for your toast.
8) The DJ that had 10 years experience won't be the one who shows up to your wedding - it will be his rookie assistant.
9) Tux? Formal Wear? Isn't a shirt and tie close enough?
10) Oh, you said you DIDN'T want to hear the Electric Slide? They thought your guests would like it as well as all the other songs that you told them NOT to play.
So go ahead... book the cheapest DJ you can find... remember the old idiom: You Get What You Pay For!
Member of The Association of Professional Entertainers